Expertise in Breast Enhancement
What is Breast Augmentation?Breast augmentation, also known as augmentation mammoplasty, is a cosmetic surgery procedure designed to enhance the size and shape of your breasts. Using saline or silicone breast implants, breast augmentation can improve the overall appearance of your breasts by adding volume and youthful projection. When a board-certified plastic surgeon expertly performs breast augmentation, it not only results in more attractive breasts but also creates a more proportionate figure overall. Breast augmentation can:
- Boost your curves by adding volume to smaller breasts
- Bring balance to asymmetrical breasts
- Replace breast volume lost after pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Reconstruct breasts after mastectomy surgery
The "No-Touch" Breast Augmentation Technique
Who Is a Good Candidate for Breast Augmentation?
- Are in good overall health with no serious medical conditions
- Are at a healthy, stable weight
- Wish to add volume and fullness to your breasts
- Want to correct breast asymmetry
- Have lost breast volume after weight loss, pregnancy, or breastfeeding
- Have realistic expectations of your results
- Understand the potential risks associated with the procedure.
- Are undergoing breast augmentation for yourself and not because someone else wants you to
How Is Breast Augmentation Performed?
Excellence & Artistry
Dr. Keyian Paydar is an award winning clinical professor and board-certified plastic surgeon with over 20 years of experience. He performs a full spectrum of aesthetic plastic surgery procedures, including breast enhancement, tummy tucks, and liposuction, in addition to face procedures like facelifts, brow lifts, fat injection, eyelid surgery, and rhinoplasty.
What To Expect From Breast Augmentation Recovery
- Most women are up and around the same evening after surgery, but full recovery from breast augmentation surgery takes several weeks.
- Implant exercises and massage will begin one week after surgery.
- It will take several months for the swelling in your breasts to dissipate completely and your full results to be visible.
Breast Augmentation Results
How do I make sure that I get the breast size that I want?During your consultation, you can let Dr. Paydar know what size breast implant you would like. Bring photos of what you prefer, and communicate your goals to him. He will work with you to ensure that your breast implants look beautiful and are in balance with the rest of your body.
Will I have cleavage? Can my breasts be placed higher on my chest?The natural, pre-existing gap between your breasts determines cleavage. Implants can improve this distance, but not always. If not, a bra can bring the gap closer. If your breasts are sitting low on your chest, you may need a breast lift as well as breast augmentation. These are questions you can discuss with Dr. Paydar during your consultation.
How do I choose my best profile, style, and implant size?There are several options for breast implant size, material, and profile, and you and Dr. Paydar will choose the right implant for you based on your goals and his extensive knowledge and experience.
How do I know if I need to combine a breast lift with implants?Breast augmentation alone only addresses a lack of volume in your breasts. If your breasts or nipples sit below your breast crease, you may be a good candidate for a breast lift combined with breast augmentation to give you the best shape, volume, and positioning.
Does someone have to stay with me after surgery?You will need a trusted adult to drive you home after surgery, as the effects from anesthesia will still be wearing off. You should also plan to have someone around to help you for the first 24–48 hours after surgery to ensure you’re on the road to recovery.
What are the most common complications of breast augmentation?The most common complication after breast augmentation is capsular contracture. This is when the scar tissue around the implant thickens, constricting it and making it feel hard or look misshapen. Dr. Paydar’s use of the Keller Funnel and the medications used to wash the breast pocket help lower the risk of capsular contracture. Other complications may include:
- Hematoma (blood pooling under the skin)
- Changes in sensation of the breast or nipple
- Pain (not associated with healing)